Today marked a first for my Cole....his first trip to the dentist! Let me tell you, we both had a total blast! My dad is a dentist and although I grew up in a dentist office Cole had no idea what we were going to do today. I made Cole an appointment at a pediatric dental office in our area and Rhonald and I have been talking it up ever since. I was nervous that he would be afraid but as soon as we walked in I knew I had nothing to worry about. The waiting room was filled with cool things to do and things to take their minds off of being at the dentist. While we waited Cole looked at the fish, watched ScoobyDoo and played video games with some bigger boys. When his name was called he was so excited!!! Miss Whitney took us back to the X ray area and was so sweet and fun that Cole jumped up and let her take X rays of his teeth with no problem. Next she polished them, flossed them and put fluoride on them. Cole was amazing. He loved that there was a sign with his name on it at his seat. The only thing that he was not too sure about was laying on the table but Miss Whitney let him sit up and play with all of her tools and warm up to the place and then he was fine. There was a TV above his chair and he got to wear headphones and watch Toy Story 3 the entire time. It was so cool! Then Dr. Jerry came over and counted Cole's teeth and talked with me about some things and still Cole watched his show. It was so cute - when Dr. Jerry told Cole that he did not have any cavities Cole was super excited and said, "No cavities! yeah! Wait, what are cavities?" After we all had a good laugh Dr. Jerry explained it to Cole and then he bragged about it to everyone! He was beyond thrilled to get a Diego toothbrush but declined the Spongebob toothpaste since he is not allowed to watch that show. That's my boy! He had such a great experience that he is already excited to go back! Thank goodness for places like that...it made both of us feel at ease.
No comments:
Post a Comment