
The other day I heard someone ask a really great question about the holidays...will your children remember the gifts they received or the traditions you followed when they are grown? I thought about that a lot actually - it is so easy to get caught up in the material things of this season but what really matters is the time spent together and the things we take with us from that time. When I was a very little girl my Aunt Peggy started giving me an Advent calendar for Christmas. I loved them .... counting down the days until Christmas was so much fun. I have always remembered those calendars...in fact, I still have one in my baby book. This year she gave one to Cole with his Christmas gift and I was so excited. I know he does not understand what it is but I have had so much fun opening up the windows and watching him get excited about what he finds! It was so special to me to have her give that to him. It was awesome to see this tradition that I have loved continue.
1 comment:
Super sweet!
This is our first year to do an advent calendar (I only heard for them for the FIRST time about 2 years ago!) and both boys are loving it. A new tradition at our house, for sure!
Post a Comment